There was once a time when finding eco-friendly or energy home builders was not an easy task. A lot has changed in the past decade. There is an increasing demand for the availability of energy efficient home builders. Building a green home not only helps protect the environment but also happens to be more cost effective in the long run.
Tips for finding new home builders who build energy efficient homes
In order to find a home builder who specializes in designing eco friendly homes you need to keep the following things in mind:
- You can start by identifying all those builders who are known to build eco friendly homes. You can get advice from friends and family find a contractor specializing in green homes. Once you have a few names on your list you need to check the credentials as well. You can do this easily by logging on to the website and checking how they develop eco friendly homes. You can use other resources as well to find the kind of areas that you are looking for. You can check out from the builders directory in which you can have information regarding their website.
- While there are many builders who may consider themselves being green you need to do your research is well. They should follow a green building certification program to ensure that they are using the right practices. The builder should be associated with energy and environmental design.
- When talking to a builder make sure to ask them how you can qualify your home to be one which has energy star rating. To ensure that your home is an energy star home you should make sure that it is at least 30% more energy efficient than traditionally constructed homes.
Why go for an energy efficient home
There are several ways in which you can ensure that your home is completely energy efficient. You can use fluorescent light bulbs which consume less energy. Also make sure that you by electrical appliances which have a programmable thermostat which can be adjusted according to the season. invest in double glazed Windows and doors so that the insulation would prevent the temperature from being adjusted.
There are several reasons why buying or building energy efficient home is a good idea. These include the following
- Energy efficient home helps save you money in the long run. The insulation provided by the double glazed doors and windows along with the proper use of electrical appliances can help reduce the utility bills. Initially you may have to invest in these electrical appliances which have a high energy star rating, but once you have started to be billed for your appliances you will see a noticeable difference.
- It can help make your home more comfortable. When you buy electrical appliances which have programmable thermostats you do not have to worry about the temperature getting too high or too low for your liking.
- It also helps improve the resale value of your home. Potential clients prefer homes which would have saved them on utilities and therefore an energy efficient home built by Gala Homes always fetches a higher price on the market.